It starts at 5:30 at the Italian Club.
Avon Town Green Remembering our brothers and sisters
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help. Click local help to be connected to Resilience Grows Here a great community resource.
VFW Post 3272 was named after Gildo T Consolini
On 13 July 1943, Avon lost on a obscure island in the South Pacific its first native son in WWII.
Gildo T Consolini was buried alongside many other boys from the 43rd Division in a military cemetery on New Georgia Island.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
You were not alone over there. You are not alone now. There are 20 million veterans who would give their lives for you. Please don't take yours.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - On behalf of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, I would like to take the opportunity to publicly thank Dr. Richard Stone for the outs...
As a Charter Member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, we, the officers and members of Gildo T. Consolini Post 3272, do fully support and subscribe to the Congressional Charter of the VFW stating the purposes of this organization as fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable and educational and are:
1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members;
2. to assist worthy comrades;
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead and to assist their widows and orphans;
4. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States of America and fidelity to its Constitution and Laws;
5. to foster true patriotism;
6. to maintain and extend the institutions of American Freedom;
7. to preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.